Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Journey - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello my creative friends...

Today I bring to you a canvas I have entitled 'The Journey'. This week I have to admit has been a rather tough one for me emotionally, there has been more lows than highs this week. This canvas was created with some sadness in my heart, however with sadness eventually comes some light and sunshine. Sometimes our journeys can be tough, but each step makes us a little bit stronger and teaches us something. 

I created this canvas solely to enter into 'The Designer's Faves Challenge' Glitter, Metal, Contrast from the Finnabair Creative Team. This challenge is closing on the 15th of this month, I am bringing this canvas in just in the knick of time. I find working to a deadline works well for me, makes me move, inspires me to get into my studio and create. Can I also just say positive feedback from you all lately has been overwhelming on social media, THANK YOU, I feel the love, seriously. 

This challenge required glitter, not something I usually work a lot with to be honest, but boy oh boy did I enjoy getting my sparkle on (glitter on my face for days!). You will see dazzling gold raised dots, a glitter vial and glitter throughout the feathered part of her head piece. The metal part of the challenge, oh metal, how I love thee, I don't think I need to point out the metal for you. 



Products Used 
Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance - Mystique Turquoise
Art Alchemy Opal Magic Wax - Turquoise Satin
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax - Rose Gold
Art Alchemy Métallique Wax - Vintage Gold 
Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel
Art Extravagance Glitter Set - Luminous
Art Ingredients Glass Glitter - Gold Rush 
Wool, found objects, bronze embellishments, broken jewellery





Many thanks for stopping by and taking a look, I really appreciate it. As always if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

I wish you a happy and creative week.

~ Rebecca ~


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow.
    Pain/joy create the most moving art, don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deep blue color contrasted with warm bronzes- it is elegant and melancholic at the same time, beautiful- only wish you had a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do u make all the pices stick? And if I was to put a pic of me and my my boyfriend what would I put on the pic to preserve it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous but tell me how to paste items on canvas? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete