Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mixed Media Tag - Flying Unicorn

Hi Everyone!!!! 

Today I would like to share with you a mixed media tag which has been created for the Flying Unicorn Creative Team. Below you will find step by step photo tutorial outlining how to create the background. 




My creation started off with this tag I pulled out of my stash. 
 

I gave some vintage sheet music a coat of Art Basic Soft Gloss Gel and adhered it down to my tag.


I then sprayed my music sheet with water and began lightly rubbing my finger over the paper. This transferred the image and created a cool back to front music note look. 


A little bit of Tim Holtz tissue tape here and there.


A little bit of dry wall tape was added.




Let the color come in!! 3 different colors of Distress Ink were applied and then to finish a quick couple of sprays of Cobolt Color Bloom spray. A light spritz of water was then added to create a little bit of color drippage.





To finish off my background I applied Ruby Rub'n Buff around the edges and a little over my netting stenciled section.


To finish the tag I then added Flying Unicorn Adornments (which had a little coat of Vintaj patina) and a few Tim Holtz metal embellishments

Many thanks for looking, wishing you all a happy and creative day.

~ Rebecca ~




1 comment: