Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tim Holtz Image Transfer Tags - Flying Unicorn

Hi Everyone,

Today I  have a couple of tags to share with you . I thought I would 'attempt' an image transfer with the new Tim Holtz Found Relatives. Recently I had seen the blog of the talented Shelly Hickox. Shelly had a step by step tutorial on how to do an image transfer with the found relatives. Looked amazing, so I thought I would give it a shot myself. 

Now it kind of worked, it is a little rough looking and the tags are a little shredded. But I am kind of ok with that, I think it adds to the whole look. What do you think?. Lesson learnt though rub too hard and you will start shredding your tag along with your image. Rather than use baby wipes to remove the image glue I used 100% eucalyptus oil, this worked really well (but stay within the confines of the image, unlike I did).




Thanks for looking, I wish you all a happy and creative day.

~ Rebecca ~

7 comments:

  1. Wow Brilliant Tags Rebecca!! Your images turned out better than when I tried it. Really like the vintage feel. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I have amended my blog post to include the link to a tutorial by Shelly, check it out, well worth a look and includes step by step pictures. Bec

      Delete
  2. Image transfer is FUN & I like it when it goes like this --looks more vintage, I think! Lovely work:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy, thank you!! (and lovely to hear from you). I love making tags, really love them, I need to learn to part with them though. Actually Lizzy, drop me an e-mail to remorris76@gmail.com and I will send you one. You are the person who leaves me the most comments on my blog and I want you to know it is appreciated. Bec P.S. I have amended my blog post above to include a link to Shelly's blog which will show you a tutorial on how to do the image transfer.

      Delete
  3. These look great! Did you use my tutorial? I would love it if you linked to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly, have sent you an e-mail and also amended the blog post, apologies (and thank you!).

      Delete
  4. Rebecca I love your work... also love shelly... she is a really sweet person... thanks for your lovely comments on my blog... I love your tags and hope that you always enjoy your 'playing' time... I love mine and it makes my life so positive in all ways... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete