Wednesday, January 24, 2018

7 Dots Studio Paint Chips Layout - Scrap Matrix Design Team

Hi Everyone, 

Rebecca here with you today to share a bright layout created especially for the Scrap Matrix 'Holiday Challenge'. The theme of this challenge is so versatile, it can run from holiday memories to mementos, through to possibly the way a holiday made you feel. 

Here is what I came up with for my first share with you all. Late last year our family was lucky enough to have a small getaway in Bali, it was the first trip there for all of us. Such a fascinating, warm (in heat and nature of the beautiful people) and colourful. The 7 Dots Studio Paint Chips collection was just PERFECT for Bali photos.  

From the Scrap Matrix store you can buy this amazing collection in a kit (as seen below) or buy all the pieces individually, all depending on your preference.


The kit came with absolutely everything I needed to create, I was determined not to add anything extra. The only thing I really did additional to the kit was use my die cutting machine and my Tim Holtz thin circles die to cut some little spinning circles, just to add a little something extra. 


Lots of layering and although usually I would paint or ink my chipboard, this time I kept it raw. Also I would usually black outline all my shapes with watercolour or a big brush pen, this time I kept those raw. Trying my best to attempt minimal for once as usually I am a little OTT and never ever know when to stop adding (stamping, marking, spraying, eeeeeek!!). 


Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit today, I look forward to seeing your challenge entries into our 'Holiday Challenge'

Wishing you all a happy and very creative day.

~ Rebecca ~ 

Scrap Matrix Products Used 


1 comment: