Friday, August 22, 2014

Mixed Media Tile - Flying Unicorn

Hi Everyone,

Bex here today to share with you a mixed media project. Having recently moved home I discovered a huge pile of bathroom tiles in our garage. I had never explored the world of alcohol inks and having always been curious I wanted to give it a try. Wow, how amazing, the colors just move and morph. I commenced the project by cleaning my tile, the next step was to spray on a pretty thick layer of rubbing alcohol. A few drops here and there of alcohol ink and the magic begins to happen. The finishing touch was a few drizzles of Izink. Before gluing my adornments to the page I sealed the tile with a coat of gloss Mod Podge.

Products Used





Wishing you all a fabulous and creative day.

~ Bex ~

3 comments:

  1. Looks GORGEOUS! Alcohol inks rock, although I don't use them as much as I should...you've certainly made them 'shine' here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How pretty! I just loved all the beautiful metal accents in this months kits, and just adore what you've done with them! You Flying Unicorn gals are all so talented! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How pretty! I just loved all the beautiful metal accents in this months kits, and just adore what you've done with them! You Flying Unicorn gals are all so talented! xo

    ReplyDelete