Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Flying Unicorn WCYDW - Perfect Pearls Emboss Technique


I am here today to share with you a Perfect Pearls Emboss Technique, this technique is truly gorgeous and always seems to turn out so sparkly and beautiful. 


Products Required 


VersaMark
Perfect Pearls Dusting Brush (or any soft brush)
A stamp (any stamp with depth and a nice image will do)
Die Cut Item - Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves

Step 1 - Die cut in thick card your shape, then paint with either your black acrylic paint or black gesso, both seem to work just as well.


Step 2 - You will need to Versamark your shape and emboss with Black UTEE three times. Yep, 3 times, you need a nice thick coating. By three times I mean heat emboss three individual times, emboss and heat, emboss and heat, emboss and heat. 


Step 3 - Versamark your shape, in order for Perfect Pearls to stick. Take your Perfect Pearls and soft brush and lightly randomly brush your colors on, a choice of three colors seems to work the best. How pretty is it already looking??


Step 4 - Ink up your stamp with gold ink, very important not to miss this step as you will need to work fast for step 5. 


Step 5 - Using your heat gun once again melt the UTEE on your shape, once you see it starting to become liquid immediately pick up your stamp and stamp into your shape. Gently remove stamp, look what you now have!!! 


Now that you are complete think of all the possibilities from jewelery making through to card making. 

Wishing all a very happy and creative day.

~ Rebecca ~


21 comments:

  1. Rebecca, this is one fabulous tut! I have had the worst luck with perfect pearls... not so perfect at my house :-) I am going to give this technique a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment Bitsy, I so very much appreciate when people do that. You would rock this technique, it is seriously simple and the result is beautiful. Cannot wait to see what you do, would love you to load your project into the WYCDW thread in the forum x

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. Looking forward to trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project. I haven't worked with my Pearls much, but now I can imagine all kinds of things to do. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea, can't wait to give it a try. thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great technique!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to grab my pearls and try this today. What was the gold you used?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw the list of supplies. Sorry for the previous comment. I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you keep the perfect pearls from coming off. My medium pads are horrible so I would like to use ink. I tried stamping a word with black ink and heating it but if you rub your finger on it, it comes off. someone said you need to spritz with water to seal but that could ruin other things on your project, etc. what ar best adhesives for Perfect Pearls. Please help. They are so pretty. Lafayettehs1975@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this technique is probably holding the Perfect Pearls on because you're reheating the UTEE, so it should stick in the plastic.

      Delete
  9. I tried this and it IS beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't used my UTEE in ages, but now I want to use it! Beautiful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW!! Rebecca this is an amazing idea!!! I hope I get a chance to try it out SOON!!! Thank You for sharing :) You're welcome to check out my blog spot too: http://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com Search tutorials if you're interested :) Hope you'll find some inspiration and thank you again for this!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stamp on this. Would you tell me what it is and where it is available?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you set Perfect Pearls? Love the look but haven’t had much luck. Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, fantastic idea, your instructions were clear and perfect. Thank you for helping me up my game with card making.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous ! Thanks for the excellent step by step. I’ll have to try with clear UTE as I don’t own black but think a top layer of regular black may work. I look forward to playing.

    ReplyDelete