Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Mixed Media Gift for Sheridan

When I was in London last month I promised my good friend Sheridan that I would make her a canvas. I said when my husband Lyndsay returned back to London for work that he would hand carry it over to her and personally hand deliver it. It is down to the wire, the paint has only just dried, it is about to get bubble packed and head off in Emirates business class tomorrow morning. I so hope Sheridan likes it, whilst in London randomly Sheridan said to me 'I love bugs!!!', I figure this canvas will be going to a good home. 

Sheridan is an amazingly crafty friend, when I say crafty I do not mean in the sneaky kind of way, I mean in the talented awe inspiring kind of way. We became good friends some 10 years ago when we were both living in Mumbai at the same time. Sheridan taught me how to mosaic and also taught me the art of 'grouping' interior design style. Even though a long time had passed since we had seen each other it was so lovely to see her in London again and just went to show true friendship always stays strong even when distance is involved.

I would like to thank Rach0113 for your AWESOME steampunk dragonfly video on YouTube which is the inspiration behind this canvas (and two other very similar canvas's I have made fairly recently and shown here on my blog). Rach0113 your tutorials are fabulous, informative and easy to follow. If anyone would like to see some of her amazing work please be sure to check out her brilliant blog here. 
 






Are you reading this Sheridan? if so please note the placement of the dragon fly's, they are all traveling in different directions, I consider this good dragonfly placement ;-). Your canvas will be delivered shortly. 

Wishing you all a fabulous and creative week. 

~ Rebecca ~

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW. I LOVE IT!! I am also so very flattered that with all you have on your plate you made time to make me such an amazing piece. I know exactly where I am going to hang it in my dining room. Thank you my lovely friend! I will make Lyndsey to thank him for carrying it over. I hope that you and Lily will come back to London in the spring. Sending a giant hug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make Lyndsey dinner.........forgot that word in the excitement of seeing my favorite dragonfly's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply STUNNING...total loooooove:):):) I'm sure your friend will be delighted :):):)

    ReplyDelete